Tuesday 1 January 2013

First of 2013 - High Elf and Basing

So Happy 2013!

I've come up with some new years hobby resolutions now:

- Update blog/forum logs weekly (will try and get into a habit of doing it on Fridays)
- Sell off my Space Marine army (by March)
- Sell off my Skorne Army (by March)
- Don't buy any more minis for painting only (I have enough to last a good year already!)
- Enter Salute painting comp in April
- Enter GD in September
- Army project at rate of 1 unit per month and play casual games with it, 15 games in the year. (not sure yet if this will be Grey Knights or Cygnar)

Since I've been back from holidays I've been getting on with my little elf a bit, a few people asked about the sword, so I tried to get some closeups of that. Still got a bunch of tidying up to do and a few details to do, click for larger images:





I started working on a quick base too, the planking is made of coffee stirers. Only problem is as much water effect as I put onto it, it seems to keep dissapearing! I have a theory it's soaking into the wood, but I don't really know, I suppose I'll give it some more and see what happens!



PS: If anyone wants to buy any Space Marines or Skorne models, give me a shout!

2 comments:

  1. have you tried to cover the wood in a coat of PVA first?

    Oh..by the way.....the Elf is looking great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much! Yeah I will definetly use some PVA first next time, I didn't this time.

    ReplyDelete